Thursday, December 9, 2010

Due Date

Today my heart is heavy. Today was the day I was supposed to meet my son last year. The day that we all looked forward to, we planned for, we just knew would come. Sadly, it did not. December 9th, will never mean the same to us again. It is a reminder of how our hearts are shattered and are still mending. It is a reminder of dreams lost, faith diminished, bitterness, sadness.
Despite the sadness of this day, we know our son is being taken care of by our almighty Savior. We take comfort knowing that we will spend eternity with him giving him the hugs, kisses and cuddles we longed to give him. His time with us on Earth was short, but we know that forever has no end and we look forward to that day.

My Little Angel

You’ve just walked on ahead of me
And I’ve got to understand
You must release the ones you love
And let go of their hand.
I try and cope the best I can
But I’m missing you so much
If I could only see you
And once more feel your touch.
Yes, you’ve just walked on ahead of me
Don’t worry I’ll be fine
But now and then I swear I feel
Your hand slip into mine.
- author unknown

We love and miss you Evan!

Awaiting my expected end,
Marie

10 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. ♥ ((hugs)) You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    So with you: now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. - John 16:22

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((((HUGS)))))))) Thinking of you today and praying for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you lots of love, Marie. And thinking of your precious Evan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you Love Marie. Blowing kisses to Evan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Days like these can be so hard. Sending LOTS of LOVE your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet baby Evan <3 Sending hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie, I am so sorry that I didn't realize this was Evan's due date. Bless you, my friend - sending extra love and hugs to hopefully soothe your heart a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you so much love and all my prayers...xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. keeping you in my prayers. I know its tough but be strong. I love the poem that you posted it is the truth and we all feel that way about our lost children but you had the strength to say it.

    ReplyDelete