Sunday, March 14, 2010

It's Over!!!

Standardized testing that is, also knows as the Flo.rida Comp.rehensive Assess.ment Test. That is what kept me away from blogverse this past week. I have quickly read your blogs via my hubby's phone, so please forgive me if I have not commented!
It is over and now "real" teaching begins :-). Many of the teachers hate to admit it, but to some degree we do teach to the test. After years of teaching, we know what normally appears on the test, and we focus mostly on those concepts. Thank heavens that's over!

I have yet to post about the new give away or purchase the winner's prize (its on its way Cecilia!). I will get to that tomorrow after work. I am in the process of doing lesson plans, so this post will be brief. Just a few snippets from the past week and a half.


******Bar.bara from Dr. Char.les' office called me. What for you might ask? To reschedule my surgery! In a very polite tone (yea right) I asked, "is your memory failing? Did you forget the things you said to me? If you were the last office on earth to do the TAC, I would remain childless! I am blessing someone else with my business." She wished me a good day and hung up. The wretch! She knows she was wrong and I hope they get exposed.


***** My consultation with the Dr in Gainseville, Fl (5 hours away) is scheduled for March 29th! Please, please, please, keep me in your prayers that I get some direction as to what to do next.

******My friend Alyson is pregnant!!!! (squealing and doing the happy dance).. It did my heart good to hear this news. Please keep her in your prayers. She has another beta tomorrow. I am hoping for twins :-). Hey, if i can't love on my own, i might as well love on others right? Please stop by her blog and send her congrats.

*******I had a brief moment of insanity one night. I mentioned to hubby, lets just get pregnant and play it by ear. The next morning I woke up, I realized what I had said. It would be so irresponsible to get pregnant without the TAC or at least without a plan in place. I would never forgive myself for doing that if something happened. Thank God that clarity comes in the morning!

******* two wonderful blog posts spoke to me over the past few days. Here and here. The Lord really knows when to show up and speak to you in the unlikeliest of places. We often expect to hear from him in a way that we are used to (through prayer, through someone we know, through the ministers word, etc.), but he always "flips the script" and shows up in a way we don't expect. When he does show up in the unlikeliest places, we are taken aback and have no doubt that he is speaking.
He speaks through the grief of others and the revelations they have. I was really down and as usual, despairing because I am not in control. I am having a hard time finding someone locally to do the TAC, and I keep feeling as if I am finding dead ends. These two posts revealed to me that I took the control from him and am trying to do things myself. Just like when Peter stepped out of the boat. For a minute, he doubted God's ability and power , and he began to sink. Peter screamed "save me Lord!' and Jesus said,"Ye of little faith. Why do you doubt me?" (Thanks for reminding me of this Katy!).
No matter what I am going through, or how bleak the situation seems, I cannot take my eyes of him or doubt his ability for one minute. He is in control and I must let go of my control so that his will will be done. I am giving the worry to him.

Ladies, thanks for the prayers, the support, the words of encouragement, and for allowing God to use you all to speak to me. You may not realize, but every little comment you all make is orchestrated by God to remind me that he still loves me. That he sends others to lift me up when I am weak. That he still desires good for me.

I am encouraged tonight and am comforted by the words of this old hymn.
No matter what storm clouds may rock this ship of mine.
The eyes of my savor will lead me safely trough the night.
Though my ship may be rocking,
And my sails may be torn.
I WILL rest, in the eye of the storm.


In a hurricane (and we get many of those in Florida), the eye if the hurricane is where peace and stillness dwells. In fact, news reports let us know that people get hurt because when the eye passes over, they think the worst has passed. They see the blue skies, the gentle wind, and the peace that settles. This is where I will rest. The worst of the storm has passed - I lost two precious babies - and I am sure many more storms will come. But for now, I am resting in the eye of the storm which is His bosom.

Awaiting my expected end.

7 comments:

  1. It's really good to hear from you! I can't believe Barbara called you! Oh My! It sounds like you handled it well though.

    You are sounding very positive and I know you are anxious for the 29th to get here. You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you stood up for yourself - it's just awful that you had to endure that in the first place. Prayers and thoughts for the 29th!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you every day, Marie.I am glad you took care of Barbara-I guess she thought she could manhandle you and found out she is wrong!!!!On the testing, I taught for 27 years in Texas,special ed - but the regular teachers taught the test for the whole school year.I hate that! there were no tests when I was a kid and I learned so much in school.It is all tied into scores and funding, so strongly that some teachers cheat to have high scores.Well, don't get me started. i pray your doctor visit goes EXTREMELY WELL! Blessings, Sarita
    sboyette@tx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. *hugs* I know exactly what you are saying. Sometimes I will find exactly what I need in my blogs and for that I am thankful.

    Please know I am praying for your expected end always *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definitely be praying for you on the 29th. Finding the right dr for a TAC is so important! Just can't believe that lady had the gall to call you back! Crazy!!
    Thanks for all your prayers and excitement! We are so very thrilled, but at the moment, I'm watching the seconds tick slowly by waiting for the results of today's beta! I just have to believe that they are going to be high!
    Love you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping through to say hello and that you maam have been awarded. Hugs and Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I can't believe that woman called! I really hope they get exposed too! If they do, you MUST let us know! :)

    Sending prayers your way always!

    ReplyDelete