Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Great is Thy Faithfulness

I am always amazed at the glory and mercy of God. Just when you are feeling down, he sends a word that calms and soothes your spirit. Dh and I were talking about an awful situation that happened to a coworker and her children. He mentioned that though times were hard, the mad did not have to take his own life. He said that every morning is a new day. His mercies are NEW every morning. When something bad happens, he does not leave you and his grace does not stop. His mercies are new every morning. When you have a bad day and you say Lord why me? His mercies will be renewed the next morning. It is such a powerful statement and because we are so used to saying it, we rarely reflect on it. Though we lost our baby, we still have new mercies, and as his scripture says, he will not withhold anything good from us. Yes, His mercy ran out for a day, but a new day is coming, and his mercies are renewed.

Great is Thy faithfulness. Morning by Morning NEW mercies I see. All I have needed his hands have provided. Lord I thank you for new mercies, grace and faithfulness. When we are alone and feel as if the world is against us, you remind us of your NEW mercies.

Awaiting my expected end.

No comments:

Post a Comment