Monday, April 26, 2010

1

After a short battle with an unknown ailment (it is now known that he had 2 massive strokes), and after living a long and fruitful life, my grandfather sadly passed away yesterday at 9:00 am. For 89 years, he graced this earth with his presence, and now he is with his maker, his daughter, daughter in law, sister, brothers, and his great grandchildren; Alyssa-Joy and Evan. Our heart is saddened, but we are comforted knowing that he is experiencing no more pain, just bliss to be with our heavenly father. Please pray for my grandmothers strength. I can only imagine the heartache she is going through.

There is one more day left before the surgery. Full blown nervousness has set in, and I am a mess (Larry included). Despite this, the Lord sure knows how to show up in time of need. This morning I could not find my "regular" Bible to read the scripture I had earmarked (could not remember it off the top of my head), and so I had to use my "bedside" Bible which is the New Century Version. Since I could not remember the scripture I had saved, I turned to my favorite scripture instead. I prefer the King James Version, so I don't use this version often. I am now convinced that God hid my "regular" Bible. ha!

Jer 29:10-14
10.) This is what the Lord says: "Babylon will be powerful for seventy years. After that time I will come to you, and I will keep my promise to bring you back to Jerusalem.
11.) I say this because I know what I am planning for you," says the Lord. "I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.
12.) Then you will call my name. You will come to me and pray to me, and I will listen to you.
13.) You will search for me. And when you search for me with all your heart, you will find me!
14.) I will let you find me," says the Lord. "And I will bring you back from your captivity. I forced you to leave this place, but I will gather you from all the nations, from the places I have sent you as captives," says the Lord. "And I will bring you back to this place."

As many times as I have read this scripture, today was the day I needed it dissected. I thank God that he led me to his scripture! My pain, heartache, grief, and turmoil will only last for a season, but he will keep his promises. He brought me to this place of uncertainty, but he will bring me back to a place of prosperity! How awesome is our God? I have read and recited this scripture so many times - but today I especially needed to hear this word, and I am receiving it with a repentant and open heart. Thank you Lord for comfort in time of need.
I am praising him today for the captivity he put me in, it is because of this captivity, that I will give more than what he requires of me, and be more than I can ever imagine.

Today, I ask you to pray for us as we travel. The roads are slick and wet, and we have a long way to go. Please pray for protection over our lives from all accident, harm or danger. Please ask the Lord to be our pilot and take control of the wheel, tires, engine, and every facet of that rental.
Thank you for your prayers, and please....... keep...... them...... coming.

Awaiting my expected end.

13 comments:

  1. Prayers and our sympathies to your family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i;m sorry about your grandfather.

    I;m praying for you that everything goes according to plan tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences for the loss of your grandfather.

    BIG prayers for you and Larry as you travel and have your sugery tomorrow. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your family Marie. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. May God comfort your heart as only He can.
    I'll be with you in prayer as you undergo your surgery, and I pray for your safe trip, also. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of your family and praying for peace and comfort for your family.

    have a safe trip *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers ane sympathy go out to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Again, I am very sorry about your grandfather's passing :( Prayers going to you, your grandmother and your entire family as you cherish those special memories of him! Heaven can only be a better place now with him in it!

    I am also saying big prayers for you and Larry as you encounter this very important path in your journey to your expected end! Stay strong, Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marie,
    You have my condolences, I am so sorry to hear that your grandfather has passed. My heart goes out to you and your family. I know today is the big day for your TAC. My thoughts and prayers are definitely with you and your husband.

    Love Always,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marie,
    I am sorry for the loss of your grandfather. Sedning you lots of hugs. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Will be praying for you family as well as you and hubby as you go through this procedure. Know that I am thinking of and praying for you. Sending you love , hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking about you today - hope you are feeling ok after your TAC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your Grandfather. May God bless & comfort you& your family.

    Just know that you & Larry are in my thoughts. I am excited to hear abouthow well the TAC went.BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete